Friday, March 28, 2008

Days 173 – 174: Brunei to Bali

The only cheap flight from Brunei to Bali went through Kuala Lumpur and involved a 12-hour layover, so I spent the night in the now-familiar KL and went back to the airport the next morning for my flight to Bali. I've now been in and out of KL six times in the past six months, making it my most-visited destination (although that's only because of its cheap air connections-- I've never stayed more than 36 hours at a time). By comparison, I've been through Bangkok four times, Chiang Mai three times, and Bali three times. But in terms of time spent on the ground, Bali is well ahead of the pack.

My flights passed without incident and I arrived in Bali in the early afternoon. I checked into my usual guesthouse and found that since my last stay they had built a pool in the courtyard. And the best part is, the rooms still cost the same ($4)! I guess they built the pool to attract more guests rather than to charge more per night. That's fine by me.

Ian McHenry arrives tonight, and Jay Saxon tomorrow night. Here ends the solitary life.

No comments: